Snug Harbor Lakes
Located close to the intercoastal waterway (also called the Indian River) on the north side of Sebastian, Florida, Snug Harbor Lakes is a deed-restricted mobile home park. Residents own both their manufactured home and land.
In 1994, Tropical Storm Gordon spawned several tornadoes, one of which destroyed 62 mobile homes and damaged about 227 mobile homes in Snug Harbor Lakes and the neighboring all-ages Barefoot Bay mobile home community.
Amenities and Activities
- Clubhouse with meeting rooms, banquet area, exercise room and billiard tables
- Heated pool
- Tennis courts
- Bocce ball courts
- Shuffleboard courts
- 2 small lakes stocked with fish for catch and release
- See City-Data stats for this zip code
In the News
- Snug Harbor Lakes community divided over water-sewer plant purchase, TCPalm.com, June 14, 2008
Snug Harbor Lakes is one mile away from US Highway 1 which borders the intercoastal waterway. Numerous stores and restaurants are located on US Highway 1, mostly concentrated about 5 miles south of Micco in Sebastian.
- Melbourne - 18 miles north
- Vero Beach - 18 miles south
- Wabasso Beach - 14 miles southeast
- Cape Canaveral - 40 miles north
- Walt Disney World - 75 miles northwest
- Sebastian River Medical Center - 4 miles
- Indian River Medical Center - 18 miles
- Vero Beach Prime Outlets - 23 miles south
- Indian River Mall - 23 miles south. Anchor stores are Macy's, Dillards, Sears and J C Penny.